Wednesday, December 9, 2015

How I Meal Plan in 3 Easy Steps!



CONFESSION: I used to avoid meal planning.

 I saw all these pinterest moms coming up with cute coordinated 100-course meals. Well, this momma has about 30 minutes to knock out a healthy meal. And my prep should be even simpler.

 ENTER my 1-2-3 Meal Planning tips.

 I am not a chef. I don't ninja chop vegetables and toss them over my head then catch them.

 But I am meal plan. Because I keep it simple (and affordable).





I got a chalk board from one a fancy pants store... you may have heard of it... it's called, "Ross" {sarcasm}. I hung it in my kitchen. I like to get cute and write love notes to myself at the top (like, "Mom is awesome!" or "Thanks mom for all our yummy meals!").

 Meal Planning in 3 easy steps.

 (1) Meat
 (2) Vegetable
 (3) Carb

 Ideas for the healthy proteins: grilled chicken, baked chicken, crock pot shredded chicken, hamburgers w/o the bun, meatballs, bratwurst, roast. Ideas for the healthy vegetables: greens. greens. more greens. But for real, we love kale, broccoli, green beans, asparagus, zoodles. Ideas for the healthy carbs: sweet potatoes, rice, roasted red potatoes, organic mac-n-cheese, butternut squash, quinoa noodle.


 .... are you thinking that's it? Yep. I cook more than what's listed above but if you are wanting simple, this is your ticket. Three items to plan and make each night.

 I know I can fuel my body with the right nutrition if I have a vegetable at every meal and drink my favorite superfood shake. I drink Shakeology every single day. It has 70+ vitamins that I know are 100% natural and DELISH. It's quick. It's cheap. It can taste like a chocolate shake or strawberry smoothie.

 Eating right can be simple & within the budget! Feel free to get creative, feed your family, make them happy, stay within your budget & then you can even ask your family to help you cook!

 As an online health & fitness coach, I like to provide extra TLC to my customers. I have created a Facebook group just for folks on my email list. It's called "Her Whole Kitchen".











 If you want to join that group for more tips on cooking simple, within budget and recipes that are healthy -- then create your FREE Team Beachbody account here on my team.

Join my secret group: HER WHOLE KITCHEN.



xoxo