Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Are your friends holding you back?

I am asked often my TOP TIPS on success. 

I mean, just 6 years ago I was making 1/3 of what I am making now. Working 3x MORE hours. Traveling away from my family (not by choice) during anniversaries and birthdays. 

It wasn't how I imagined my life would roll out. 
I do believe there is a UNIVERSAL mentality of people who rise to the occasion (versus people who halt their success because of self-limiting beliefs). 

This has been on my mind a lot lately and I wanted to address it.

If you are new to Beachbody Coaching (or to a new career opportunity in general) and you really want to hit your goals. You need to realize, you must jump on the personal growth train. 

And sometimes when you are becoming more focused, more self-disciplined, more productive, more responsible... it makes your friends feel a bit uncomfortable. They don't like the way you make them feel anymore. 

It's about time you either make NEW friends or be brave enough to be a black sheep. You need to find people who lift you up.



SO YOU HAVE A CHOICE!!


(1) You either halt your forward motion in attempts to let your friends catch up (unlikely) 
(2) You keep growing and digging towards success 

You decide. You either back pedal or pedal forward. 

You can INVITE your friends to come with you. You can INVITE your friends to make healthier choices themselves. You can INVITE your friends to start working out too. But don't let any snarky comments get you discouraged. Successful people don't have time for that. 

I love this quote. Lions don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep. 





I am not one who needs to stand up and ROAR. I do not think i am better than anyone else. Not in the least. However, I refuse to stop my momentum just because my direct circle of friends are intimidated by my ambition. 

You will soon realize - you become who you surround yourself with. Have you heard of the CRAB MENTALITY?? 

I wanted to talk about this "Crab Mentality". 



"Crab mentality, sometimes referred to as crabs in the bucket, is a way of thinking best described by the phrase, "if I can't have it, neither can you."[1] The metaphor refers to a bucket or pot of crabs. Individually, the crabs could easily escape from the pot, but instead they grab at each other in a useless "king of the hill" competition which prevents any from escaping and ensures their collective demise.[2][3][4] The analogy in human behavior is claimed to be that members of a group will attempt to negate or diminish the importance of any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of envy, spite,conspiracy, or competitive feelings, to halt their progress." (Wikipedia: Crab Mentality) 





If you are surrounded by let's say 5 people, who aren't lifting you up, I'm gonna challenge you to take your goals, your life and your future seriously. Life is too short & you don't need to be bullied or feel bad or insecure about yourself.

Ask yourself, What kind of friend am I? Am I a friend who is lifting people up or pushing people down? Am I bullying people? Am I celebrating their success or am I being bitter because they're being successful? 

I have made a career out of helping people get out of their bucket. I am an online health & fitness coach. However, my responsibilities are FAR GREATER than just helping people lose weight. I am a business mentor who has helped hundreds of women launch online business's. Many of them are now earning full-time incomes.

If you need someone in your life to show you how to climb out of your "bucket," I'd love to help. Give me some more information about yourself and I will be in touch very soon (fill out form below)

SUMMARY: Don't be crabs. Don't be a bully. You have the choice to do incredible things!

xoxo



Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.