Friday, January 1, 2016

My Roller Coaster Life



Once upon a time, there was a girl. She was about a buck five lbs. Brunette hair. Stands at a solid 5 foot 2 inches and could easily pass for a teenager. She is 30 years old. And up until 2.5 years ago, she has followed a predictable path. 


Roads most of us walk down because it is safe. Middle-class citizens remain within certain parameters and she was set up to do just that. We all have high and lows. It's what you choose to do with your story that builds character and legacy.

There have been MANY highs in my life. I like to think of them as seasons. And in the middle of those hard times, it seemed to be never ending. But now that I am on the other side of many of those hard times, I realize I had to learn a lesson through each of them. And in the HIGH amazing happy easy times, I should always give thanks for constantly grow and fill up my faith. 

Here are some memorable HIGHS:
  1. Beat all the boys in the mile run in elementary school
  2. Landed the lead role in our 8th grade theater production
  3. All A’s (yea, I was that person. Judge me.)
  4. President of several school clubs (I’m so cool)
  5. Won a few crowns in High School
  6. Graduated with my BS in 3 ½ years (so my dad would let me marry Nick)
  7. Went to seminary (graduated with Masters Degree in Discipleship Ministries)
  8. Climbed ladder to a Marketing Director role at a publicly traded company
  9. Have an amazingly strong supportive dynamic family.
  10. Had a beautiful healthy baby boy
  11. Took a leap of faith to start an online health & fitness business that I love!!!
  12. Becoming a stay-at-home-mom
  13. Asked to speak for 4 corporate Beachbody training events
  14. Leading a Top 100 team (out of 400,000) 
  15. 6-figure earner by 29 years old 
  16. Built a career from lifting women up & helping them be entrepreneurs too 
I am honored to look back and celebrate with my friends & families. What amazing memories.




But those good times do not define me. You know what else doesn’t define me? My lows.

Here are some memorable LOWS:
  1. Dad diagnosed with Leukemia in 5th grade
  2. I had stinky feet (imagine gym class horror)
  3. Coined “Shamu” as a lovely nick-name in middle school bc of awkward chubby stage
  4. I got a perm in 9th grade (say no more)
  5. In high school, I sat at home alone most weekends wishing I’d be invited to hang out
  6. I failed geology in College (stupid rocks)
  7. Broke my arm and had to quit Cheerleading after 8 years
  8. Applied for hundreds of jobs… every 6 months since 2009
  9. Worked at a 50’s themed ice cream parlor 1st year of marriage
  10. My fur babies died right in front of me (RIP Lucy & Emma)
  11. Diagnosed with PCOS
  12. Cried every day for months trying to catch my breath after losing a job and church family
  13. Couldn't afford a home so lived with the rents for 5 months
  14. Toddler has had 3 ENT surgeries & months of constant medication (still unknown illnesses)



Interpret my life as you may. But I am who I am because of those highs and lows! Some are silly and I am not vicariously living through the past – but I am excited that God has had a plan for me all along! He was teaching me new things each step of the way.

I desire to help women feel confident, secure, balanced and fulfilled. From experience, I know all these emotions well. And it takes growing pains to find yourself.



This holiday season may remind you of good times or bad times! I hope that in the midst of any storm (whether it be financial, family, love, job) you may be enduring... you choose to CONTROL THE CONTROLLABLE! 


Never think your situation or "low" is hopeless. There is a choice you have!


Try to see the silver lining in EVERYTHING ladies and gentleman. 

Xoxo