Saturday, October 15, 2016

6 Reasons God Wants Us To Be Successful

I don't know about YOUR God, but MY God wants you to be successful.

He doesn't want you to be stuck in a rut or to settle for a mediocre life.

Perhaps this video will stir up a passion in you to be your best. I recently shared this with my team (#WeAreMoxie) to cast a vision that I feel we are all obligated to put our best foot forward in everything we do.



Ahem... ever heard of this...every time I want to throw away my big dreams or think I am not capable.. or if I want to be lazy... I think of this verse!



Here are 5 Reasons God Wants Us To Be Successful: 

1. God wants to bless you!

Psalm 35:27 says:
"Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favor my righteous cause... Let the Lord be magnified."

To be responsible with the gifts and talents God has given each of us, I know from His teachings that I need to be a good steward of those things. God wants us to pay our bills, feed our family, stay out of debt. But He is not a lottery.  And aligning my desires with His, He wants to bless me and my family in order to make Himself more known!


2. Jesus came to give you an ABUNDANT life... not just abundant luck.

John 10:10 says,
"The thief's purpose is to steal, kill & destroy. My purpose is to give you life and that you may have it more abundantly."

Does this mean God will make me rich? Once again.. God is not a lottery.

1 Peter 4:10 says,
"Each one should use whatever gifts he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms."

If you belief that, then identify your gifts, your passion, your strengths... and RUN WITH IT. I bet you will notice God's blessing upon you once you start performing with excellence.

3.  God will give more to those who are responsible with little.

Matthew 25:29 says,
"For to everyone who has been wise with their talents more will be given, and he will have an abundance. But from one who has not, even what he has will be taken away."

This is a tough lesson. But one you'd be lucky to absorb early on in your life. If you desire success, my question for you, are you doing what you need to do RIGHT NOW with what you've currently been given. Are you a good steward of your time? Or your money? Or your skills?

4.  God wants you honoring Him through your financial success.

Proverbs 3:9-10 says,
"Honor the Lord with your capital and sufficiency [from righteous labors] and with the firstfruits of all your income; so shall your storage places be filled with plenty, and your vats be overflowing with new wine."

I just love this. When we are successful, will we accept all credit? Or will be surface level thank God but know it was your blood, sweat & tears that accomplished big things. I encourage you to evaluate how you got your relentless passion & skills & drive & opportunity in the first place.

This quote is a great fit:

"When you drink the water, don't forget who dug the well."

5.  God wants you to be a consistent tither and giver.

Malachi 3:10 says,
"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the Lord, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!"

With the wealth that you may accumulate, be wise. Give back to whom gave it to you. This is a hard discipline but when God says, "Try it! Put me to the test!" -- I'd believe him!

6. God wants you to have BIG influence.

Deutermonomy 28:10-13 says,
"And all people of the earth shall see that you are called by my name..."

How powerful will it be if all the great leaders in our country professed their faith in Jesus Christ? We know that God's will is for everyone to hear of his mercy & forgiveness... why not use the platform we have as a leader to honor Him!

An important token I want to leave you with,

He will bless the work of our hands. However, he can't bless what we aren't doing. 


Check out my LIVE Facebook video below for a new perspective on this same topic:




If you found this helpful or motivational -- if you realize now that to BE YOUR BEST and STRIVE FOR SUCCESS is an act of obedience. Let's take that seriously!

Feel free to connect with me more by dropping your email below!