Monday, June 13, 2016

Ten Gift Ideas for Father's Day UNDER $15 (because it's right around the corner!)


So it’s early June and I’m not a really great planner when it comes to the big old Father's Day. But my husband really deserves it. Especially after the past few weeks where I have been unusually stressed with moving, new summer schedule, big work projects, etc. He has picked up more than his fair share of household chores and only complained minimally lol.



 

We have two boys who are energetic, wild and crazy! I wouldn't change it for the world. My husband is an amazing father and I really want to do something special this year. I guess everyone says that... But I really do take advantage of how blessed I am. Let's be real -- some days I just want to snuggle and tell him how awesome he is... and other days I want to punch him in the face. It's called balance. 

BUT I usually drop the ball with these kind of things - but I am being proactive this year because we are ONE WEEK AWAY AHHHH !


So if I was trying to be a good wife... how should I start my Father's Day gift shenanigans... google it of course.

Here are 10 gift ideas under $15!!! (with links to order. You're welcome.)

  1. Penny Key Chains - only $8.50 and so creative. Simple. Accessory for a proud dad. 


    2. Customized Hammer - only $12 and thoughtful message. Practical or decor. 

     
    3.  Dad Tatoo's - only $5 and I ordered 2 of these. Adorable. My kids will LOVE them. 


4. Shave Kit - starting at $3 and beards are all the rave. So your man probably thinks it's cool.
5. Beard Butter -  Only $14. Since he thinks he looks so good with that beard, let's make sure he takes care of it! 

6. Undies - starts at $16 with membership. I am 80% sure if you ask your man if he needs underwear, the answer will be "always" -- practical is safe and smart. 

7. Whiskey Corkcicle - $16 and how cool is this? If he is a Whiskey guy, or a "hang out with his guys" guy ... this will be something he will show off. 

8. The Art of Fishing - only $15 on Amazon and I can see my dad sitting back in his recliner reading this. Moments later snoring and enjoying his momentary peace & quiet.  

9.  Tech Savy Organizer - $15 and great for travelers who like to have everything tidy

10.  Custom Shirts for Dad and the kids - Prices Vary but I just COULDN'T resist how cute this is!




MY GIFT IDEA :: I think I'm actually going to order some shirts, I think he would totally love that. The shirts could say something like: “I'm an awesome dad” and I could have one for my little munchkins (my three-year-old and one-year-old) to wear too. How cute would my 3 boys be with matching macho man shirts? 

Target even had a great selection of Father's Day gifts ... but we careful.. that place will suck you in!

But honestly, here's why I think it's important. Because so many of us just let it go, like, “Oh it's Sunday, okay I'll do the typical thing.” - "I’ll bring you breakfast in bed," or "I'll do all the cooking and dishes and I'll change all the diapers."

Maybe you'll let him have a whole day off. He can go fishing, he can go golfing, or maybe you could take him out on a date and wear his favorite outfit. And sense we are all adults here -- you ladies KNOW what a man really wants... You know... Don't make me say it.  

SIDE STORY :: In our small group at church, we meet every Wednesday night and sometimes we bring up this concept of a "love language" and 9 times out of 10, the man'a love language (meaning what makes him feel loved and appreciated) is PHYSICAL TOUCH.

Are you familiar with this book? It's a great way to learn about your spouse and how you guys can serve each other and keep energy in your marriage. Marriage takes work and being willing to lift up your spouse with the specific "language" they speak is invaluable.

The Five Love Languages are:
(1) Words of Affirmation
(2) Physical Touch
(3) Acts of Service
(4) Gift Giving
(5) Quality Time

Take the test yourself! 

Remember, what you decide to do for him on Father's Day should show HIM appreciation so don't be afraid to put some thought into it. We have one week to earn a "wow, this was the best Father's Day ever" compliment.

Yes! I want to take Love Language Quiz!