Thursday, March 3, 2016

#LiveSlowBibleStudy : What God says about giving?

It's likely that you came across this blog post on accident... because if you read the title, you might get that, "eh, I don't know if I want to read about this" feeling.

I get it. We hold onto our money. We protect it. We have worked hard for it. 



I 100% agree... as a matter of fact, I tried to avoid or curb giving for several months. I made excuses like, "Well, God knows our situation." "He knows my intentions." "We will get caught up eventually." "Well..it would be easier to donate a big chunk at the end of the year."

Been there - done that .

And this is COMPLETE vulnerability. Do you guys have one person in your family who handles most of the finances/budget tracking, etc? Well, that's me in the Mendenhall home because I am the math person. Nick is the CEO and I am the CFO. I guess that would sum it up! 

Well, for several months in 2015 I let several months slip by without being generous. We had new medical bills, travel expenses, christmas, birthdays, anniversaries... something always came up. So what happened is that I was giving God my leftovers, if I was giving him anything at all. 

I'd love for you to spend 15 minutes with me by watching our #LiveSlowBibleStudy from this morning:




There were many passages referenced in the video and I wanted to share them below:

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.”
- Isaiah 55:8-9


Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.
- Proverbs 3:9

To whom much is given much is required: But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.
 - Luke 12:48

If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom. - James 3:13


Thanks everyone for joining my in our Thursday Periscope bible study! This was/is a tough lesson and I am eager to learn it ---- it feels good to have an "aha" moment, even if it stings!

Even though during the video I mentioned that this was a high week for our families income & lots of my team's income... Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Team Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach’s income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. I am very intentional in communicating that what I do takes dedication and heart. If you'd love to learn more about joining our team, I'd love to chat. Shoot me a message on Facebook!